Thursday 1 May 2008

Labour Day

Labour Day is an annual holiday held all over the world that resulted from efforts of the labour union movement, to celebrate the economic and social achievements of workers. Most countries celebrate Labour Day on May 1, known as May Day and International Workers' Day.

In the United States and Canada it is held on the first Monday of September, in Canada. In New Zealand it is celebrated on the fourth Monday in October. In Australia there are several dates, depending on the region: first Monday in October, second Monday in March, first monday in March and first Monday in May. In Ireland it is celebrated on the first Monday in May.

In Spain, today is Labour Day.

Happy Labour Day!!!

2 comments:

mari carmen salazar said...

Hi Marisa! tonight I am going to the cinema with my boyfriend and maybe some friend. would you like to come? If you want you come yourself more with somebody.

if you want you call me.


kisses

Marisa García said...

Hi Mari Carmen, thanks a lot for telling me about the cinema, but tonight it is impossible, I'm meeting some friends to have dinner. I'm really sorry.

Have fun! See you on Monday.

Kisses