Thursday 22 April 2010

Earth Day 2010, April 22

It is our duty as citizens of this world to take care of the Earth. And we have to do it every day. Here you are some things you can do to preserve the planet:

1. Do not pollute: keep your cities, beaches, rivers, ... clean.
2. Recycle cans, bottles and paper.

3. Help keep the air clean. Ride bikes or walk instead of using motorized vehicles.
4. Save paper.
5. Do not waste water.
6. Save energy.
7. Leave wasted batteries in the special containers.
8. Remember the 3 R rule: Recycle, Reduce and Reuse.
9. Respect animals.
10. Love and appreciate the environment that surrounds you.

And now it's time to listen to an incredible song by the king of pop, Michael Jackson. "Earth song" is part of his huge legacy and it shows how concerned he was about the environmental problems that affect the entire world.


2 comments:

Valme Cueli said...

Hi , I'm Valme, an English teacher too. This message is to tell you that you've been mentioned on my blog as one of the blogs which is worth visiting.
This is part of an initiative called "Vale a pena ficar de olho nesse blog". The chosen blog has to embed the prize picture with a link to the blog she/he has received the prize from and write ten more links to the blogs which are well worth a visit. Congratulations and thank you for your excellent work. Another teacher from "The English You Need Blog" gave me this prize. My blog: "Valme's English Corner".

Marisa García said...

Thank you, Valme, for mentioning my blog as one worth visiting. I have visited yours and I really find it very interesting and useful. I have added it to my favourites!

Kind regards,
Marisa.